I’m Annemarie, I specialise in shooting country weddings.
From home spun rustic weddings in the barn, to beautiful country house hotels. If you’re dreaming of racing down country lanes in a morris minor, having your Summer wedding reception on the lawn at home, or perhaps a hygge candlelit Autumn wedding, I might just be the photographer for you.
MEET THE TEAM
I’m Annemarie, as well as being in love with photography, I love animals, books, birding, film, country living.
My love of nature and the countryside drew me to this little niche of mine – shooting country weddings.
I’ve been a photographer my entire working life, but it wasn’t until about 10 years ago that I followed my heart and chose to photograph consistently in my own recognisable style, in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside.
I shoot light, bright, natural pictures. Hand in hand with nature, I’ll use the Yorkshire sky, fields, moors and beautiful buildings as the backdrop to your collection of wedding images.
I’ve shot almost 1000 weddings in my career, all over the UK and once travelling as far as Uganda. Nowadays, I’m Yorkshire based. I do love what I do, I think photographers do need to see the beauty in things – in people, and places. That’s how I approach my work, seeking out and capturing the beauty of a person, an event, a family, a special moment in time.
I’m lucky enough to have been awarded BIPP Yorkshire Wedding Photographer of the Year five times and to have been published in all the main wedding magazines and blogs but it’s the relationships with my customers over the years that are the best reward for me.
So whether you are having your wedding on the lawn at your folks place or one of our beautiful country house hotels, I’d love to hear from you.
YOU NEED TO KNOW
Here’s some more info about my wedding photography services, products I offer and pricing. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have questions.
WEDDING BOOKS - LET'S COLLABORATE!
Individual images tell a story when grouped together. Imagine, the left hand side is your best man giving his speech, and on the right side spread the bride and groom’s surprised reaction to something he has said.
Let’s collaborate on the final design of your wedding book. You’re invited to the studio to choose which pre-designed pages you would like and we’ll redesign others to your style and taste. I love this process of tailor making each book to each couple. Choose a leather or cotton cover, miniature copies for your parents or handbag in complementary shades and a matching folio or something special for you wall.
- What is your experience? I’m a full time professional photographer with over 20 years’ experience shooting both film and digital. I have been in business for over 15 years and have shot almost 1000 gorgeous weddings in my career.
- Q – Are you qualified? I’m a qualified, licentiate member of the BIPP (British Institute of Professional Photography) and a member of the SWPP (Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers). I also have an HND in Design and Photography and worked as an apprentice for two of the top photographic studios in the UK.
- Can we meet? Yes, I’d love that. My studio is based in the pretty village of Bishopthorpe near York, you are invited to come and see sample wedding books and have a chat over coffee.
- Q – Will we have to pose for lots of boring family pictures? No! All my clients are offered a meeting at the studio before the wedding. Here we discuss which images you would like taken, the timings and other important details. I shoot family pictures in an informal way – capturing you as you really are.
- Q – Do you only shoot country weddings? I shoot all kinds of country weddings from rustic barns and elegant country house hotels to stunning weddings at home. I can also be tempted into the city : )
- How do I book? Simply complete my booking form and return with a retainer of £500 and the date is yours! This will secure my services for your wedding date and time frame. We can schedule a time for our Meet and Greet at a later date.
ALBUMS, FRAMES AND PRINTS
Some of my print, album and frame options.
I offer simple digital-only services priced from £975, then other choices are over to you.
I also offer:
- full day coverage plus digital product
- fine art prints
- an online gallery
- full digital and wedding album packages
Contact me for more details. I’d love to learn more about your plans for your wedding day and recommend some lovely products for you.
OUR LATEST NEWS
It's not every day that I am asked to photograph in the heart of the Yorkshire dales, so Becky and Graham's wedding was very special. The ancient church of Arncliffe was where I shot a lot of the wedding pictures because the scenery was just so beautiful. Set next to...read more
Engagement portrait sessions are a great way to pause during all the wedding planning and take some time together to have a record made of this special time in your lives. My shoots take place in the Yorkshire countryside and are relaxed and fun. I love getting to...read more
get in touch
we’d love to chat
Would you like more info? Make a booking? Check availabilty for your wedding date?
Fill out this form and I will come back to you today. In the meantime, the blog has lots of lovely weddings to view and check out my social media to see the very latest.
follow me on Instagram