I’m Annemarie, I specialise in shooting country weddings.
From home spun rustic weddings in the barn, to beautiful country house hotels. If you’re dreaming of racing down country lanes in a morris minor, having your Summer wedding reception on the lawn at home, or perhaps a hygge candlelit Autumn wedding, I might just be the photographer for you.
MEET THE TEAM
I’m Annemarie, a full time photographer living and working in York. As well as being in love with photography, I love animals, books, birding, films,country living.
My love of nature and the countryside drew me to this little niche of mine – shooting country weddings.
I’ve been a photographer my entire working life, working for Michael Frost Studio in Shambles, York and a large Birmingham photographic studio, but it wasn’t until about 15 years ago that I followed my heart, founded my own business and chose to photograph consistently in my own recognisable style, in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside.
I shoot light, bright, natural pictures. Hand in hand with nature, I’ll use the Yorkshire sky, fields, moors and beautiful buildings as the backdrop to your collection of wedding images.
I’ve shot almost 1000 weddings in my career, all over the UK and Europe and once travelling as far as Uganda. Nowadays, I’m Yorkshire based. I love this work. I think photographers do need to see the beauty in things – in people, and places. That’s how I approach my work, seeking out and capturing the beauty of a person, an event, a family, a special moment in time.
I’m lucky enough to have been awarded BIPP Yorkshire Wedding Photographer of the Year five times and to have been published in all the main wedding magazines and blogs but it’s the relationships with my customers over the years that are the best reward for me.
So whether you are having your wedding on the lawn at your folks place or one of our beautiful country house hotels, I’d love to hear from you.
YOU NEED TO KNOW
Here’s some more info about my wedding photography services, products I offer and pricing. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have questions.
My images tell the story of your day with a considered, fine art approach that produces a set of images with similar look and feel throughout. Light, colourful and natural; they show all the important things at your wedding – the special moments with family and friends, and the setting and scenery of your day… right down to the smallest details you’ve spent so much time crafting.
Images tell a story when grouped together. This is why I adore designing wedding storybooks. You’ll have the option to choose digital product, or a wedding book, or both, on my price menu. But I hope you’ll consider choosing a book that one day, you can flip through with your children telling them about how that one amazing day unfolded.
I shoot your wedding with a book in mind, mixing moments, portraits and details, story by story as I work throughout the day.
I invite you to collaborate with me on the final design of your wedding book. You’re invited to the studio to choose which pre-designed pages you would like and we’ll redesign others to your style and taste.
“ … we may find photographs, like confetti on a ballroom floor the morning after the dance, to keep the event alive in the memory of those who danced all night, or in the imaginations of those who were not invited.” Victor Hugo
- What is your experience? I’m a full time professional photographer with over 20 years’ experience shooting both film and digital. I have been in business for over 15 years and have shot almost 1000 gorgeous weddings in my career.
- Are you qualified? I’m a qualified, licentiate member of the BIPP (British Institute of Professional Photography) and a member of the SWPP (Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers). I also have an HND in Design and Photography and worked as an apprentice for two of the top photographic studios in the UK.
- Can we meet? Yes, I’d love that. My studio is based in the pretty village of Bishopthorpe near York, you are invited to come and see sample wedding books and have a chat over coffee.
- Will we have to pose for lots of boring family pictures? No! All my clients are offered a meeting at the studio before the wedding. Here we discuss which images you would like taken, the timings and other important details. I shoot family pictures in an informal way – capturing you as you really are.
- Do you only shoot country weddings? I shoot all kinds of country weddings from rustic barns and elegant country house hotels to stunning weddings at home. I can also be tempted into the city : )
- How do I book? Simply complete my booking form and return with a retainer of £500 and the date is yours! This will secure my services for your wedding date and time frame. We can schedule a time for our Meet and Greet at a later date.
ALBUMS, FRAMES AND PRINTS
Some of my print, album and frame options.
I offer simple digital-only services priced from £975, then other choices are over to you.
I also offer:
- full day coverage plus digital product
- fine art prints
- an online gallery
- full digital and wedding album packages
Contact me for more details. I’d love to learn more about your plans for your wedding day and recommend some lovely products for you.
OUR LATEST NEWS
Such a lovely wedding at one of York's prettiest villages. Anne-Marie and Alex married at St Nicholas church in Wigginton. I got to work with a fab team of some of my most favourite wedding suppliers on this wedding. Joanna Keely the florist, who has her business next...read more
It's not every day that I am asked to photograph in the heart of the Yorkshire dales, so Becky and Graham's wedding was very special. The ancient church of Arncliffe was where I shot a lot of the wedding pictures because the scenery was just so beautiful. Set next to...read more
get in touch
we’d love to chat
Would you like more info? Make a booking? Check availability for your wedding date?
You can call on 01904 777 323 or fill out the form below and I will come back to you by tomorrow. In the meantime, my blog has lots of lovely weddings to view and check out my social media to see the very latest.
Annemarie King Weddings: Home Farm Buildings, 81 Main Street, Bishopthorpe, York, North Yorkshire, YO23 2RA
follow me on Instagram